I have a true love for pumpkin spice everything. Call me basic. But these light, cake-y, pumpkin spiced choco-chip cookies are not only better for you than the average cookie, they taste delicious!!
These cookies are gluten-free, diary-free and refined sugar free. I hope you love!
Pumpkin spice choco-chip cookies
- 1 c 100% pure organic pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/2 c raw honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (or 1 more tsp of cinnamon if you don’t have this)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 c “Bob’s Red Mill” gluten-free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1 c “Enjoy Life” dairy-free semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- (you can also do nuts, fruit or anything you’d like instead for a less-sugary option)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and cooking racks or an extra piece of parchment paper to set on the counter for cooling cookies.
- Put coconut oil in a separate bowl & melt until liquid (about 15 seconds in microwave). Do the same with honey if not already liquid. Combine oil, honey, pumpkin, vanilla & egg.
- **tip: if pumpkin and egg are not room temperature, coconut oil may harden again. Keep this in mind. You can hack by warming the pumpkin slightly before adding to mixture and adding egg last.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda & almond milk. Stir into pumpkin mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, salt & baking powder. Once combined, add to pumpkin mixture – try not to over- mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips!
- Using a spoon, scoop out cookies to about 1.5-2 in in diameter, roll into a ball and place on baking sheet. Space equally apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean!
- Makes about 24-30 cookies.
May all your pumpkin spice dreams come truuuue.