black bean veggie burger
(gluten free, dairy free, vegan)
1 can organic black beans
1 c gf instant oats
1/2 onion, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
2 tbsp flax seed meal
1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
spices of choice!
1. preheat oven to 350 & line baking sheet with parchment paper
2. pour black beans into a bowl and mash (i used my hands)
3. add oats & veggies and mash in with hands
4. add 2 tbsp flax seed meal & 3 tbsp water into a small bowl, mix
and allow to sit for a few minutes.
4. meanwhile, slowly add almond milk to get desired consistency.
you want it to feel moist but not too sticky. if it feels too sticky
then add more oats to balance it!
5. add spices and knead them in until the mix is balanced.
6. use hands to form patties and place on parchment paper
7. cook for 15-20 minutes or until crusted on the outside.
flip burgers halfway through cooking time.
serve burgers on a whole wheat bun, or bed of lettuce
add avocado, tomato, onion, mustard, ketchup
or any of your other favorite toppings!